Cognitive Assessment & Rehabilitation Services
- Cognitive Screening – Learn More
- Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluation – Learn More
- Job Demands Analysis – Learn More
- Work Conditioning – Learn More
- Return to Work Programs – Learn More
A brief assessment of memory, attention, orientation, and executive function used to screen individuals for possible cognitive impairment after an acquired brain injury (i.e. stroke or concussion).
A cognitive screening can provide information on possible areas of limitations and need for further, formal, cognitive evaluation and/or rehabilitation.
For more information on cognitive screenings or to book an appointment call us today at (709) 747-5945
Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluation
A Cognitive Functional Capacity Evaluation (Cog FCE) is an objective assessment of work related executive function (i.e. memory, attention, ability to plan and organize, emotional control, etc.) that uses standardized assessment and observation of functional/work simulation activities. A Cog FCE can be used to:
- Determine an individual’s overall work capacity
- Determine feasibility for employment
- Determine an individual’s strengths and limitations with regards to physical, cognitive, behavioral and psychosocial functioning
- Develop rehabilitation goals and assist with treatment planning
- Provide recommendations on work place modifications or accommodations in order to minimize impairment and impact of injury/illness on an individual’s work capacity
- Facilitate a return to work
A Cog FCE provides a greater understanding of the cognitive, physical, and/or behavioral challenges experienced by individuals who are living with an acquired brain injury or mental health condition(s).
At InMotion we offer 1 and 2 day Cog FCE. A Cog FCE includes:
- 1 or 2 full days of clinical assessment with an occupational therapist certified in Cog FCE
- Objective and standardized testing procedures to ensure reliability, validity, and client safety
- Functional and work simulation testing in clinic or at job site (if possible. Job site testing completed for 2 day Cog FCE’s only)
- Testing of work activity tolerance over consecutive days (2 day Cog FCE only)
- A comprehensive report detailing the clients cognitive, physical, and/or behavioral strengths and limitations, overall work capacity, and answers to specific referral questions.
For more information on Cog FCE or to book an appointment call us today at (709) 747-5945
Job Demands Analysis
A Job Demands Analysis (JDA) is an objective assessment of the cognitive and/or physical demands of a specific occupation. Information is collected through direct observation of the position, interview with employees and supervisors, and measurements of physical and cognitive requirements. Physical demand measures may include the frequency and duration of:
- Pushing/pulling, etc.
Cognitive/behavioral demand measures may include the degree of:
- Exposure to emotional or confrontational situations required of the job.
JDA’s can be used to:
- Determine job suitability by comparing a worker’s abilities to the required job demands
- Develop rehabilitation goals
- Assist with development of return to work programs
- Develop job accommodations or task modifications
A JDA includes:
- Up to 1/2 day of onsite assessment completed by an experienced occupational therapist (duration of assessment is dependent on job complexity, number of tasks required, etc.)
- Interview with employees, supervisors/and or managers to identify specific job tasks
- Onsite observation and measurement of work environment, equipment, and job demands
- Comprehensive report outlining the cognitive, physical, and/or behavioral requirements of the position, as well as recommendations on ergonomics, workplace design, and injury prevention (if requested).
For more information on job demands analysis or to book an appointment call us today at (709) 747-5945
Work conditioning programs are intensive, goal oriented, individualized intervention programs designed to prepare employees for a return to work.
At InMotion our work conditioning programs engage clients in simulated work activities and graded conditioning exercises. The goal of work conditioning is to restore physical, cognitive, and behavioural function in preparation for a return to work.
For more information on work conditioning programs or to book an appointment call us today at (709) 747-5945
Return to Work Programs
At InMotion we offer return to work planning and support programs that are tailored to meet your individual needs. These programs are developed and monitored by an experienced occupational therapist who can help to:
- Determine your return to work readiness
- Provide you with education on strategies that can maximize your function and enable optimal job performance
- Provide you with a graded, return to work plan that focuses on gradually increasing your hours, duties, or work load.
- Identify environmental modifications or accommodations that can facilitate your recovery
- Recommend assistive technology that may increase your productivity and reduce symptom severity during the ease back process