Mental Health & Wellness Services
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy – Learn More
- Progressive Goal Attainment Program – Learn More
- Lifestyle Reactivation Programs – Learn More
- Return to Work Programs – Learn More
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) is a structured, evidence based, form of psychological intervention used to treat a wide variety of mental health conditions. At InMotion we specialize in CBT for depression and Anxiety. Using a CBT approach, our occupational therapist can:
- Help you to identify and challenge negative patterns of thought that may be impacting your recovery
- Help you develop a healthier way of thinking
- Help you set and achieve behavioural goals
- Help you to develop the skills to improve your mood and reduce your symptom severity
- Help you to maximize your participation in daily activities and improve your overall quality of life
Sessions are completed one on one with an occupational therapist trained in CBT. Frequency and duration of sessions vary depending on client needs.
For more information on CBT or to book an appointment call us today at (709) 747-5945
Progressive Goal Attainment Program
The Progressive Goal Attainment Program (PGAP) is a 10 week, standardized, rehabilitation program for individuals experiencing chronic physical and/or mental health conditions. The goal of PGAP is to reduce psychosocial barriers to the rehabilitation process, increase participation in daily activity, maximize quality of life, and facilitate a return to work. These goals are achieved through the use of evidence based techniques that target psychosocial risk factors.
Sessions are completed one on one with an occupational therapist who is certified to administer PGAP. Sessions typically occur once per week and are generally 1 hour in duration.
For more information on PGAP or to book an appointment call us today at (709) 747-5945
Lifestyle Reactivation Programs
At InMotion we offer individualized, goal oriented, reactivation programs for individuals experiencing depression and anxiety. The goal of a reactivation program may be to:
- Increase participation in activities of daily living such as: washing, dressing, grooming, etc.
- Increase participation in instrumental activities of daily living such as: meal preparation, housekeeping, shopping, banking, medication management, etc.
- Facilitate active problem solving
- Develop coping strategies to manage symptoms of anxiety and/or depression
- Engage in graded, exposure sessions to feared environments, situations, etc.
- Increase socialization, leisure participation, and community involvement
- Maximize your quality of life!
Programs are tailored to meet individual rehabilitation needs and treatment goals. Sessions are completed one on one with an experienced occupational therapist. Duration and frequency of programs vary based on client needs.
For more information on lifestyle reactivation programs or to book an appointment call us today at (709) 747-5945
Return to Work Programs
At InMotion we offer return to work planning and support programs that are tailored to meet your individual needs. These programs are developed and monitored by an experienced occupational therapist who can help to:
- Determine your return to work readiness
- Provide you with education on coping strategies and relaxation techniques to help manage your symptoms
- Provide you with education on strategies that can maximize your function and enable optimal job performance
- Provide you with a graded, return to work plan that focuses on gradually increasing your hours, duties, or work load.
- Identify environmental modifications or accommodations that can facilitate your recovery
- Recommend assistive technology that may increase your productivity
- Provide you with support as you transition back into the work environment